Sunday 27 April 2008

Chocolate Cheesecake - take 2

I decided to make this cheesecake again, as a birthday gift to a dear, dear friend. This is how it turned out this time round.
Looks really different from the previous attempt! This time I managed to get the marble effect, by allowing the melted chocolate to cool a lot more than before. I didn't like the look though. Next time, I'll mix it all in.

Didn't get a chance to taste the cake, but I am told it was great, though a bit too rich, which I suppose it normal. Though, I'm wondering if it was because I used brown sugar this time instead of white sugar. Or perhaps by marbling the chocolate, the taste gets more intense. Anyway, it was fun to make! Happy birthday Val!

1 comment:

Katong Gal said...

Just to let you know that I tried this out. Managed to get some marbling effect, but not the best. If I'd read your post earlier, I would hv also added in cocoa powder in the base...