Thursday 29 December 2011

Nigella Christmas Chocolate Biscuits

Nigella promises that these are a "doddle to make, and meltingly gorgeous to eat", and she is not wrong at all.

The recipe doesn't require eggs.  Just creaming the butter and sugar, then beating in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa.  The most finicky bit about making these biscuits are rolling them into little balls.  I used my plastic gloves.  



Nigella decorates the biscuits with Christmas sprinkles. But I just used whatever I had at home - which were chocolate black, brown and white dog shaped sprinkles....not very festive at all!



The biscuits were really yummy.  Super soft.  It really does melt in your mouth.  You can eat a dozen before you realise it.  I packed them up as Christmas gifts so I didn't face the temptation of eating a dozen at a time.  

2 comments:

Katong Gal said...

They seem to expand considerably during baking. That would be the baking soda/powder>

Katong Gal said...

Oh and I love the little dog sprinkles! Although of course some dogs might get ideas...