Wednesday 3 October 2012

Char Siew Noodles

My kids have been missing their Ah-Mah's char siew. My mum-in-law gave me the recipe, but I have not found the time to put it together.

Fortunately, we live in Boston, and not a small town in the deep south, so char siew is quite readily available.

During my weekly Chinese grocery run, I will pop by the char siew shop (http://m.yelp.com/biz/best-bar-b-q-restaurant-boston) to pick up a box of char siew and roast pork.

We sometimes have it with rice and vegetables. But for a change (and given my recent fascination with noodles), I recently tried making char siew noodles. All one needs to do is mix the noodles up with some sesame oil, soya sauce and a little of the sauce that comes with the meat. The adults got some sambal belachan mixed in as well.

Not as good as what you would find in the hawker centers back home, but good enough for us!

No comments: