Monday 1 October 2012

Oodles of Noodles!

Fried noodles is an awfully easy dish to prepare, and the kids can't get enough of it. You can use any type of noodles, from bee hoon to yellow noodles and even pasta.

I fry it with lots of onions, garlic and add two or three eggs, followed by whatever meat and vegetables I have in the refrigerator. There is usually some soya sauce and oyster sauce involved. The kids' lurve it when I use leftover char-siew and roast pork. Mmmm...

Unlike fried rice, which you want dry, I find that fried noodles generally do not taste good when too dry. I therefore use stock as a base for my noodles. The noodles will then absorb all the yummy flavours and end up a little moist. So in fact, the noodles are stewed rather than fried.

I used yellow noodles for this pot and cooked more than enough for the older kids to bring to school the next day.

1 comment:

DG said...

Hey there, hope you guys are doing well.... :>
Happy holidays!!