Wednesday 23 January 2008

Goin' Bananas!


Last Friday afternoon Junior and I baked ourselves some Banana Bread (Nigella's recipe). I did not need to use my Mum's Kenwood Chef, which was rather disappointing, but the recipe didn't really require much elbow grease. The hardest part about this recipe was trying to line the loaf tin. It's got this curvy shape so it took some effort.

The end result was fabulous! It was moist and had a wonderful aroma. I must confess I had to change the recipe slightly. It called for sultanas to be soaked in bourbon or rum. Not being a drinker, I didn't have any around, but, I had some DOM Benedictine
(a confinement staple) lying around, which I used. I don't know how the original recipe would've tasted, but this version is gorgeous. The alcohol had evaporated just leaving that really nice sweetness of the DOM. Unfortunately, Junior doesn't like it much coz he hates sultanas (and raisins and blueberries...). I had to pick the sultanas out for him one by one. Fortunately, he ate the walnuts (he normally hates nuts as well) as they had softened somewhat in the oven.

I would definitely try this again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U are making me HUNGRY my friend! How are you??

Claire