Wednesday 23 January 2008

A much needed boost

My mom found her old Kenwood Chef mixer in the store-room and has wonderfully lent it to me to help me in my baking adventures. It must be at least 20 years old! I remember how she used to bake all kinds of bread - sour dough, brown, wholegrain - with it when I was little. Back then, my tastes were underdeveloped and so naturally I rejected them all! I guess she got discouraged coz the bread baking phase didn't last long...

It's a really heavy piece of equipment and lots of possible attachments. I only have 3 (the whisk, beater and dough hook). But there are optional attachments for a coffee grinder, liquidiser, vegetable chopper, juice extractor etc. etc. Wonder if the modern day attachments will fit on this 20 year old thing. 


The first time I tried using it, it gave off a burning smell and bits of grease leaked out. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising since it has been 20 years since it was last used. I might have to send it for servicing (if they have such a thing for mixers). 

Whoopee! No more creaming butter and sugar by hand!

No comments: